Matthew Carlos and Jessica Cunningham were supposed to be wed in St. Augustine last Saturday after spending a year planning their perfect wedding when Hurricane Matthew hit. Their friends and family, flying in from all over the country, including from Hawaii, were diverted to Tampa International Airport. They decided they would move their wedding to St. Petersburg where the groom has family. With only 24 hours to “throw together” a wedding they put their trust in The Birchwood‘s Banquet Manager, Casey Ruhnke, and the Banquet Team to make it happen.
- Christy and Jeanne of Sweet Divas worked overnight to make sure their wedding cake was just right
- Donuts were provided by Funky Sweets.
- DJ Fresh provided the music
- Flowers were provided by The Flower Center
- Tiffany Braun of Braun’s Fine Flowers donated all accent flowers for the reception
- Photography was provided by Kristina Houser
- The Birchwood’s Chef Karim provided the menu
Carol Hess, A guest of the wedding went on to say,
“The Birchwood made an almost a disastrous wedding in St Augustine turn into a beautiful event I’m sure Jessica and Matt Carlos will most certainly treasure always. As a guest I can’t thank you and your staff enough for providing that amazing evening for the newly weds with 24 hours notice.❣️”